A Lab that can work not only in cities but in villages and remote locations also.
It is world’s first portable lab, launched by the President of India Mr. Pranav Mukharjee on 11 may, 2013 at the occasion of Technology day. Mobile Lab is a Compact Portable Clinical Laboratory with open system in a suitcase having Power Back- Up of 4 hours extendable to 24 hours.
This lab is very rugged and maintenance free as all components have their proper and predefined place. Mobile lab can easily work at any temperature from 0-50C.
List Of Components:
These all components are part of mobile lab that fits well in a suitcase and make mobile lab a unique product. The components are as follows:
- Accurate all/Kine Analyzer
- Mini Centrifuge
- Power Backup
- Mini Incubator
- Case/Mobile Carrying platform
- Cover bag/ Rucksack bag
- Cuvette Holder
- Centrifuge Tubes
- Micropippette (5-50 uL)
- Micropippette (100-1000 uL)
- Microtip Holder
- Patient database management Software
- Mini Laptop/ Data Recorder
- Solar panel
Tests that can be performed:
Total 36 tests can be performed through Mobile Lab which are as follows
KFT: Creatinine, Urea, Uric Acid, BUN, EGFR
Albumin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Direct Bilirubin, Indirect Bilirubin, Total Blirubin, AST(SGOT), ALT(SGPT), Total protien, Globulin, AG Ratio
Hematology: Haemoglobin, RBC, PCV, MCV, MCH, MCHC
LIPID Profile: Cholesterol, HDL, Tryglyceride, LDL, LDL Caculative, VLDL, HDL/LDL Ratio, Cholestetrol HDL Ratio
Electrolytes: Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium
Distinctive attributes of Mobile Lab:
How It is Cost Effective:
- Power consumption-
- It takes only 50 watt to run the whole Mobile lab where as conventional Lab require upto 3000 watt to run. It is because of less weight and small size of analyzer in Mobile Lab.
- Mobile lab can also work on solar light or batteries where as conventional lab can run only on electricity.
2. Blood Collection Cost-
- There is no need for EDTA and Sodium Fluoride Solution in Mobile Lab. This is replaced by 50 paisa tube therefore a cost reduction by 1/16th
- Zero transportation cost of blood sample because tests can be performed on the spot.
3.Requires small place to set up-
- Mobile lab can be well settled on a table while conventional lab requires atleast a room.
4. Maintenance free-
- Mobile lab is very Compact because all the components have predefined and proper place in the suitcase.
- It is very rugged and maintenace free because it uses LED technology which prevents breakdowns.
How It assures the quality of results in the field:
In the biochemistry laboratory is intended to ensure the reliability of the laboratory tests. The objective of quality assurance is to achieve reliable test results by Accuracy & Precision.
- Intimation for quality control-
2. Patented washing system-
There is an innovative built in washing system for cuvette in mobile lab which assures that each cuvette is washed properly so that it can produce result without any deviation. Also it needs less time and water to do it.
3. Temperature Independent-
Mobile Lab can work at any temperature form 0-50 degree and at any place from leh, laddakh to jaisalmer. Thus there is no deviation in the measurement of results due to temperature and humidity.
How it gives Financial Control:
- Satellite Control-
- Satellite control provides information about all the tests conducted by the lab which is used to calculate revenue.
- We can also switch on/off device from remote location due to satellite control mechanism.
2. Bluetooth and GPRS tracking-
- Mobile Lab has the feature of GPRS Tracking through which we can track the actual location of our device.
- Mobile lab has bluetooth connectivity with Laptop or Tablet. This allows information to be transfered from analyzer to laptop.
3. Instant Reporting-
- Mobile Lab can perform 125 tests in 5 minutes which enables it to perform more tests in a day in comparison of Conventional Lab.
- Laptop in mobile Lab has patient database management software ( PDMS) based on cloud IT network which instantly generate patient’s report in a predefined format.
- Reports can also be accessed from the server.